LLC Registered Agent or Address Change
- All changes to the registered agent or address of the registered office filed electronically will be processed on an expedited basis or reviewed within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays). Due to statutory requirements, an expedited fee will apply.
- Please review LLC-1.36/1.37 prior to your request.
- All changes to the registered agent must be made by the limited liability company. However, an address only change of the registered office may be made by the company or the registered agent. Any change requiring execution by use of layered signatures or power of attorney may not be filed electronically and must be filed using the paper version of form LLC-1.36/1.37.
- Both domestic and foreign limited liability companies may request a change in the registered agent or registered address electronically.
- A company is NOT eligible to submit such a request electronically if the company: is not in good standing due to the failure to timely file an Annual Report or maintain a registered agent; has been dissolved, either voluntarily or administratively, has been revoked or withdraw, or has expired; or must execute the report through the use of layered signatures or power of attorney. All documents executed by power of attorney must be accompanied by a copy of the authorization.
- $75 ($25 filing fee, $50 expedited service fee)
- Payment is due at the time of request and must be made by electronic funds transfer or a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. If payment is denied, the request will not be accepted.
For more information, please e-mail the Department of Business Services or call 217-524-8008.