Corporation/LLC Search/Certificate of Good Standing Business Services
- You may search the Corporation/LLC Database by file number or name.
- You may view a File Detail Report on a corporation or limited liability company, obtain a Certificate of Good Standing on an existing entity, or conduct a preliminary search on the availability of a new company name. The database is updated in real time.
- When searching the availability of a new company name, the proposed name must be distinguishable from any other corporation/LLC name on file. If the requested name is not currently registered, the search will result in no records being found. Therefore, the requested corporation/LLC name is available. Please be advised that this database check is a preliminary check and final determination of corporation/LLC name availability is determined by the Secretary of State’s office and in compliance with Illinois statutes.
- You also may email your Corporate Name Availability Request or call 217-782-6961. For LLC availability, please call 217-524-8008.
- Expedited processing fees are assessed on these transactions
File Detail Report
- The File Detail Report on a corporation or limited liability company includes the most commonly requested information on the business entity (i.e. exact name, date of formation/registration in Illinois, jurisdiction, duration, name of the registered agent and address of the registered office).
- The report on a corporation also includes the names and addresses of the president and secretary.
- The report on a limited liability company indicates whether the company is member managed or manager managed.
- The report provides the last date an Annual Report was filed, indicating whether the company is in good standing.
Certificate of Good Standing
- From the File Detail Report of a corporation or limited liability company, you may purchase a Certificate of Good Standing if the entity has satisfied all necessary requirements.
- You may then immediately print the certificate after the purchase has been completed.
- Payment of the $45 fee for a Certificate of Good Standing for a corporation or limited liability company; or $16 fee for a Not-for-Profit Corporation may be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. A 2.35% fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed for Credit Cards.
Reservation of Name
- To reserve a corporation/LLC name, please complete and submit a Name Reservation form: BCA-4.10 for Business Corporations; NFP-104.10 for Not-for-Profit Corporations; LLC-1.15 for Limited Liability Companies
The Department of Business Services Database includes information regarding corporations, not-for-profit corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, as well as, other business-related information. This database is provided to the public for individual searches only. The use of this Web site or database to copy or download bulk searches or information is prohibited. Pursuant to statute, the Department of Business Services offers information for sale. For contract information, please call the Department of Business Services at 217-782-6961.
Please be advised that the information contained in this database is the property of the Office of the Secretary of State for the State of Illinois. Any unauthorized use of the database, unauthorized access, removal of data, copying or downloading of the database information is prohibited by criminal statutes, including the sections covering the offenses of computer tampering and aggravated computer tampering (720 ILCS 5/16D-3; 5/16D-4). Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.