Corporation Articles of Incorporation
- The corporation name must include one of the following words or abbreviations: Corporation, Company, Incorporated, Limited, Corp., Co., Inc. or Ltd.
- The corporation must appoint a registered agent who has a business address within the State of Illinois. A post office box cannot be the registered address.
- All corporations filed online will have only one class of stock, which will be named Common Stock. The number of shares of common stock to be authorized must be set forth along with the number of shares of common stock proposed to be issued without further report to the Secretary of State. The monetary consideration to be received by the corporation in exchange for the shares of common stock proposed to be issued must also be set forth.
- All corporations filed online will have the following purpose: The transaction of any or all lawful purposes for which corporations may be incorporated under the Illinois Business Corporation Act. Professional corporations, Medical corporations, Close corporations or business corporations with a specific purpose cannot be filed online.
- The incorporator must be a natural person age 18 or older.
- The Articles of Incorporation electronic filing system may only be used to incorporate a business (for profit) corporation. Not-for-Profit corporations cannot be filed using this system.
- $281.25 ($25 franchise tax fee, $150 filing fee, $100 expedited fee, $6.25 payment processing fee)
- A $100 expedited fee is included because Articles of Incorporation are reviewed within 24 hours of receipt (excluding Saturday, Sunday and holidays).
- Payment must be in the form of a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
For more information, please e-mail the Department of Business Services or call 217-782-6961.