Not-for-Profit Articles of Incorporation Business Services
- The corporation name may include one of the following words or abbreviations: Corporation, Company, Incorporated, Limited, Corp., Co., Inc. or Ltd.
- The corporation must appoint a registered agent who has a business address within the State of Illinois. A post office box cannot be the registered address.
- Pursuant to Section 108.10 of the General Not-For-Profit Corporation Act, the board of directors of a not-for-profit corporation shall consist of three or more directors. You may list between three and seven directors on the Articles of Incorporation.
- The purpose of the corporation must be selected among the 33 purposes listed in Section 103.05(a) of the General Not-For-Profit Corporation Act. You may choose more than one of the allowable purposes from the list of the purposes allowed under Section 103.05(a).
- You must file the Articles of Incorporation on paper in order to include additional provisions.
- The incorporator must be a natural person age 18 or older.
- $50 Routine Service
- $75 ($50 filing fee, $25 expedited fee) Expedited (24 hour) Service – Please note that 24 hour Expedited Service excludes weekends and holidays.
- Payment must be in the form of a credit card. We accept the following card types, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.