LLC Reinstatement Business Services
- Domestic and foreign limited liability companies may file for reinstatement electronically. The application for reinstatement, all annual reports (maximum of 3 years) and all fees due must be submitted. An optional change to the registered agent and/or address may also be submitted during this process.
- An LLC cannot file for reinstatement electronically if the LLC has been terminated or withdrawn; has expired; has more than eight managers; has been revoked for failure to renew its foreign assumed name, or must execute the reinstatement through the use of layered signatures or a power of attorney.
- When filing a reinstatement electronically, the LLC may make changes to the address of the principal place of business and the names and/or addresses of its managers, including the removal and/or addition of new managers (up to a total of eight).
- When filing the reinstatement electronically, an LLC may NOT make a change to the name, duration or purpose.
- The reinstatement documents must be executed by a manager or other person authorized by the company.
- Payment must be made during the electronic filing process using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express cards. Debit cards are not recommended as payment for this transaction.
- Payment of all fees due is required during the electronic filing process. A payment processor fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed.
- Your credit card account will be charged at the time you transmit the application for reinstatement. If the application is not accepted, the charge to your card will be reversed.
Processing and Acknowledgement
- Once you have submitted the application for reinstatement, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt by this office. A non-expedited service request will be reviewed and a second email response sent within 10 business days after submission.
- If you choose expedited service, the reinstatement will be reviewed within 24 hours of receipt (excluding Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
- If the reinstatement is approved, the second email contains a link to the filed documents.
For more information, please call the Limited Liability Division at 217-524-8008.