NON-VISA STATUS APPLICANT TEMPORARY VISITOR DRIVER'S LICENSE (TVDL) SCHEDULING
Appointments are currently being accepted up to June 30, 2016, at all TVDL facilities. As of July 1, 2016, all TVDL facilities, except for Chicago North and Chicago West facilities, will be processing TVDLs without an appointment. TVDL processing will NOT be available on Saturdays at any facility. To schedule a new appointment at Chicago North Driver Services facility or Chicago West Driver Services facility after July 1, 2016, please click below. Appointments for Chicago West and Chicago North facilities can be made online or by calling 855-236-1155, Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. To cancel your appointment, please call 312-814-4913.
Downstate Secretary of State Facility Locations
- Granite City
- Rockford Central
- Springfield-Dirksen Parkway
Chicago Metro Area Secretary of State Facility Locations
- Chicago Heights
- Chicago North (Appointment Necessary)
- Chicago South
- Chicago West (Appointment Necessary)
- Des Plaines
- Melrose Park
To be eligible for a Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL, an applicant must:
- Present acceptable documentation to show proof of Illinois residency for the prior 12 months.
- Provide two (2) acceptable documents for proof of current residency.
- Be ineligible for a Social Security number.
- Provide acceptable documentation that proves date of birth and verification of written signature.
- Provide a valid Passport or Consular Identification Card.
- Pay the appropriate fee and successfully complete a vision screening and the appropriate written and road tests.
- A Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL may be issued only in a Class D, L, M, DL or DM, authorizing operation of a personal car, motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. A Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL is valid for three years.
- Effective July 1, 2014 or after, a person age 18-20 must present proof of successful completion of a 6-hour adult driver education and training course.
To schedule a Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL appointment online for Chicago North or Chicago West facilities, you must:
- Schedule only one appointment at a time.
- Provide an email address or telephone number
- Be prepared to bring the required identification documents and appointment confirmation number to your appointment.
When applying for a TVDL, you must:
- Bring proof of insurance for the vehicle you will be using for the road test.
- Be prepared to be administered a vision screening, written and road tests.
- You must bring a completed Verification of Residency form.
- Pay the appropriate fee
- Have your picture taken
To schedule an appointment by telephone at Chicago North or Chicago West facilities or if you are having trouble with the online appointment system, call 855-236-1155 Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. To cancel your appointment, please call 312-814-4913.