NON-VISA STATUS APPLICANT TEMPORARY VISITOR DRIVER'S LICENSE (TVDL) SCHEDULING
Effective December 3, 2013 an applicant for a Non-Visa Status Temporary Visitors Driver's License (TVDL) must make an appointment at one of the designated Secretary of State Facilities listed below. Appointments can be made online or by calling 855-236-1155, Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Downstate Secretary of State Facility Locations
- Rockford Central
- Springfield-Dirksen Parkway
Chicago Metro Area Secretary of State Facility Locations
- Chicago North
- Chicago South
- Chicago West
- Melrose Park
All services for a Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL require an appointment whether exams are required or not. An original renewal or corrected license require acceptable identification documents and an appointment.
You must make an appointment and arrive on time for your appointment at the designated Secretary of State Facility. To be eligible for a Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL, an applicant must:
- Present acceptable documentation to show proof of Illinois residency for the prior 12 months.
- Provide two (2) acceptable documents for proof of current residency.
- Be ineligible for a Social Security number.
- Provide acceptable documentation that proves date of birth and verification of written signature.
- Provide a valid Passport or Consular Identification Card.
- Pay the appropriate fee and successfully complete a vision screening and the appropriate written and road tests.
- A Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL may be issued only in a Class D, L, M, DL or DM, authorizing operation of a personal car, motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. A Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL is valid for three years.
To schedule a Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL appointment online, you must:
- Schedule only one appointment at a time.
- Provide an email address or telephone number
- Be prepared to bring the required identification documents to your appointment.
Once an appointment has been scheduled you must:
- Bring your appointment confirmation number
- Bring proof of insurance for the vehicle you will be using for the road test.
- Be prepared to be administered a vision screening, written and road tests.
- You must bring a completed Verification of Residency form.
- Pay the appropriate fee
- Have your picture taken
To schedule an appointment by telephone at a Non-Visa Status ApplicantTVDL facility or if you are having trouble with the online appointment system, call 855-236-1155 Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m.-4:00 p.m.