ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Grants
Public Library Per Capita Grants
Per capita grants are authorized under Illinois Library Law to help public libraries improve and increase library services to their service areas. A grant amount of up to $1.25 per person served is made available to local public libraries. For more information on Public Library Per Capita grants, please call 217-524-8836.
Equalization grants, authorized under Illinois law, have been established to help public libraries which have a low library tax base. In providing up to $4.25 per person served, these grants help ensure a minimum level of funding for library services. For more information about Public Library Equalization grants, please call 217-524-8836.
FY2014 Illinois Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants
- Available to public libraries that are members of the regional library system.
- Grants based upon a formula of approximately $1.25 per capita.
- Grant funds are used to support appropriate activities as listed in the application.
- State funded.
Application and Related Materials
The submission deadline for FY2014 Illinois Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants is October 15, 2013.
- Letter from Jesse White, Illinois Secretary of State and State Librarian
- Instructional Memorandum from Director Anne Craig
- FY2014 Illinois Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants Application
- FY2012 - FY2014 Illinois Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants Requirements
- Environmental Scanning - Illinois State Per Capita for Public Libraries Recorded April 4, 2013
- Environmental Scanning Webinar Slides
- Per Capita Application "How To" Videoconference Recorded August 2, 2013
- Per Capita Application Instructional Webinar Recorded August 14, 2013