ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
School District Library Grant Program
The School District Library Grant Program, the first of its kind in the nation, is designed to help provide more library books and materials for the students of public schools in Illinois. The state legislature has authorized up to a $.75 per pupil expenditure for qualifying schools. The grant award is based on funds appropriated by the General Assembly and the official enrollment as of the previous September 30th of a school district.
Applications for the School District Library Grant Program must be submitted via email to Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 21. The financial expenditure report must be attached as a separate document and submitted with the application. The Illinois State Library is not responsible for, nor obligated to fund, any grant application that has been assessed as unacceptable due to the following reasons:
- Received with an email time stamp after November 21;
- The application was not completed or missing components;
- The application does not meet the requirements established by the Illinois State Library as indicated in 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3035.120 and 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3035.135;
- The application was sent by a school district that has previously submitted delinquent grant reports or lapsed grant funds from any Illinois State Library administered grant program.
Paper copies of the application and reporting forms will not be accepted. Other than supplying requested information, grant applicants may not alter the original form as issued by the Secretary of State/Illinois State Library. Scanned copies of grant applications are not allowed; and any applications that are not submitted on the required form may be eliminated from consideration for funding.
Note: Please retain an electronic copy of the application for the library's files. As it is incumbent on the part of the applying library to prove timely submission, be sure the copy includes the email date/time stamp.
Application Forms and Instructions
- FY2015 School District Library Grant Program Application Deadline: November 21
- FY2013 School District Library Program Grant Funds Expenditures Report Form *Attach as separate document and submit with application.
- FY2013 School District Library Grant Program Awards
- Instructions for Completing Fillable PDF Grant Forms
- Control Numbers for School Districts
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Fall Enrollment Counts
Program Impact in FY2014
For more information on the School District Library Grant Program, please call 217-524-8836.