Annual Library Certification Illinois State Library
In compliance with Illinois statutes and administrative rules, annual certification is required of all library system members in order to retain system membership and eligibility for grants administered by the Illinois State Library [23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.200]. Examples of Illinois State Library grants include public and school library per capita grants, and public library construction grants.
Following certification, library system boards take action to remove non-compliant or non-certifying libraries from system membership. Notification of this action is then forwarded to the Illinois State Library for final approval.
Library Certification Online
The annual certification process begins the first Illinois State Library business day after the New Year’s Day holiday.
- Library Certification Web Portal Available January 2–March 31, 2019.
- Access to the online certification form requires logging in with the agency control number and the main administrative branch number. Find your agency control number and branch number on L2 in order to login.
- Review the Library Certification Data before completing the online certification form. This is a list of all the questions that are asked on the certification form (questions vary slightly according to type of library).
- Library Certification Data
- Library Certification Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- L2 [Library Learning]: Member Libraries
- ILLINET Interlibrary Loan Code
- Annual Library Certification Webinar Recorded November 30, 2017
Please contact your library system for membership or certification questions.
- Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS), 630-734-5000
- Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS), 618-656-3216
For additional questions, you may call 800-665-5576, Option 2 or email ISL_Certify@ilsos.net.