Trustees and Public Library Administrators Illinois State Library
The resources listed below are pertinent to library trustees, administrators and staff.
- Administrative Ready Reference, 3rd Edition
- Illinois Public Library Trustee Manual
- Trustee Facts File, 3rd Edition
- Trustee Toolkit: Hiring a New Library Director
Note: The fourth edition of the Trustee Facts File was published September 1, 2012 and is available via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple sites for download to Kindle, Nook, and iPad. For more information, visit the website of the Library Trustee Forum (LTF) of the Illinois Library Association.
- Administrative Ready Reference Webinar Recorded December 4, 2015
- Managing Your Records and the Local Records Act Accompanies the Records Management Webinar
- Open Meetings Act/Freedom of Information Act Training
- Public Libraries in Illinois Recorded May 4, 2016
- Public Library Taxation Recorded May 12, 2016
- Records Management for Local Agencies of Government Webinar
- Trustee Academy Available to Illinois public library trustees through the American Library Association
- IHLS Library Trustees: Contact IHLS for login/password (618-656-3216)
- RAILS and CPLS Library Trustees: Contact RAILS for login/password (630-734-5000)
- FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) [5 ILCS 140/]
- FOIA Legal Hotline Available to any Illinois Public Library FOIA Designee (must have a Library Learning (L2) account to access).
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Library Statutes and Administrative Rules
- Open Meetings Act [5 ILCS 120/]