ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
The links provided below are to resources pertinent to library trustees, administrators and staff.
Legal and Legislative Interests
- Illinois District/Official Search
- Illinois Open Meetings Act (OMA) / Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Public Site Illinois Attorney General
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Library Laws and Administrative Rules
- Library Bill of Rights
- THOMAS: Federal Legislative Information on the Internet
- Trustee Facts File See Chapter 4, "Legal Responsibilities and Liability"
- Administrative Ready Reference
- E-News from ISL
- Privacy: An Interpretation of the Library Bill of Rights
- Trustee Facts File, Third Edition (2004)
Note: The fourth edition of the Trustee Facts File was published September 1, 2012 and is available via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple sites for download to Kindle, Nook, and iPad. For more information, visit the website of the Library Trustee Forum (LTF) of the Illinois Library Association.
- American Library Association
- United for Libraries: Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations
- Illinois Election Information Illinois State Board of Elections
- Illinois Library Association
- Library Trustee Forum, Illinois Library Association
- Public Library Association
- Public Library Forum, Illinois Library Association