ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
Adult Volunteer Literacy Grant Program
The Adult Volunteer Literacy Grant Program consists of local projects throughout Illinois that provide instructional tutoring sessions using trained, unpaid volunteer adult literacy tutors. These volunteers tutor adults in basic reading, math, writing skills or English language proficiency.
Adult volunteer literacy projects help Illinois adults who read below the ninth grade level or speak English at a beginning level to improve their reading, writing, math or their use of English as a new language.
Participating agencies include libraries, volunteer tutoring organizations, community based organizations, community colleges, regional offices of education, schools, domestic violence shelters and correctional facilities.
- Borrow a Resource Bin
- Celebrate Literacy Month
- Find an Adult Education/Literacy Provider
- Illinois Adult Learning Hotline
- Learn More about Adult Literacy
- Participate in the Online Tutor Training
- Program Statistics
- Read our Publications
- Reporting Forms for Adult Volunteer Literacy Grantees
- Spotlight on Achievement and Service Awards