ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
The State Library's 5 million items include geographical books and journals, gazetteers and atlases, reference books and carto-bibliographies, and more than 190,000 maps and 80,000 aerial photos. Types of mapping include Illinois flood insurance rate maps, wetlands maps, road maps, census tract and block maps, and county taxing district maps. Historical maps for Illinois include the Sanborn fire insurance atlases, 19th and 20th century county atlases and plat maps, and General Land Office plats. Though the emphasis is on Illinois, the State Library owns USGS topographic quadrangles for all 50 states and other US and some foreign maps as well.
The State Library map collection is the second largest state library map collection in the nation, and the fifth largest government library map collection. The majority of maps housed in the Library come through either the Federal or State Depository Programs and, in most cases, can be accessed via the Library's catalog. Most of the maps circulate. Copying service is available. Library staff is available Mon.−Fri., 8 a.m.−4:30 p.m. For more information, please call 217−782−7596 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Historical Topographic Quadrangles of IN, IA, KY, MI, MO, WI
- Illinois County Highway and Traffic Maps
- Illinois County Land Ownership Maps and Atlases
- Illinois Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) on CD-ROM
- Illinois Digital Orthophoto Quadrangles (DOQs) on CD-ROM
- Illinois Large-Scale Topographic Quadrangles
- 1937-1947 Illinois Historical Aerial Photography Illinois Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- 2004 Illinois National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP) Digital Orthophoto Quadrangle Data Illinois Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- 2005 Illinois Digital Orthophoto Quarter Quadrangle Data Illinois Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- Illinois State Highway Maps 1917-2014
- Illinois Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- Index to Digital USGS 15 Minute Topographical Maps
- Route 66 Archives and Research Collaboration Network