- Directs, manages and oversees all operations of the department.
Construction and Maintenance Division
- Utilizes plans from the Planning and Development Division for the construction and remodeling of existing offices.
- Maintains buildings and grounds.
Custodial Services and Special Events Division
- Cleans state-owned buildings
- Serves as liaison to outside entities and governmental agencies for special events at state buildings.
- Handles State Capitol tours and permits for special events at state buildings.
- Regulates and maintains the heating and cooling systems of all state-owned buildings.
- Oversees the daily operations of departments’ invoices; vouchers; contractual personnel; maintenance and coal contracts; construction project contracts; Court of Claims documentation; and utilities billing and payment.
- Prepares reports for the director and the Department of Budget and Fiscal Management.
Planning and Development Division
- Oversees all major remodeling, maintenance, new consturction and asbestos-related projects for state-owned buildings.
Shipping and Mailing Division
- Coordinates mail services in Springfield, including incoming and outgoing mail through the U.S. Postal Service, PONY service between Springfield and Chicago state offices, and all interoffice mail services throughout the Secretary of State and various other state agencies.
- Handles departmental electronic supply requisitions.
- Maintains a statewide delivery schedule.