Bradley UniversityLicense Plates Guide
The Collegiate License Plates recognize Illinois colleges and universities by offering Illinois motorists Collegiate License Plates for their vehicles. By purchasing these plates, you will be helping support scholarships for Illinois college students while displaying your pride for your favorite school or alma mater.
FeesRandom-Number Collegiate License Plates
- Newly acquired vehicle/first-time issuance - $236 ($95 title fee + $101 registration fee + $40 Collegiate license plates fee)
- Currently titled vehicle/first-time issuance - $141 ($101 registration fee + $40 Collegiate license plates fee)
- Current plates expire within 90 days - $170 ($101 registration fee + $40 Collegiate license plates fee + $29 replacement fee)
- Current plates do not expire within 90 days - $69 ($40 Collegiate license plates fee + $29 replacement fee)
- Annual renewal - $128 ($101 registration fee + $27 Collegiate license plates fee)
The request can only be processed in Springfield. Apply in person or mail the proper documentation to:
Secretary of State
Special Plates Division
501 S. 2nd St.
Howlett Building, Room 520
Springfield, Illinois 62756
- Collegiate license plates are multi-year and may be displayed on passenger vehicles, trucks and vans weighing 8,000 pounds or less and sport utility vehicles.
- Not available as Vanity or Personalized
- Eligible for Benefit Access Program