Hearing Impaired License Plates Guide
FeesRandom-Number Hearing Impaired License Plates
- Newly-acquired vehicle, first-time issuance — $196 ($95 title fee, $101 registration fee)
- Currently titled vehicle, first-time issuance — $101 ($101 registration fee)
- Current plates expire within 90 days — $130 ($101 registration fee, $29 replacement fee)
- Current plates do not expire within 90 days — $29 ($29 replacement fee)
- Annual renewal — $101 ($101 registration fee)
- One must submit a Secretary of State certification form for hearing impaired license plates that is completed and signed by a licensed physician.
- The request can only be processed in Springfield. Apply in person or mail the proper documentation to:
Secretary of State
501 S. 2nd St.
Howlett Building, Room 541
Springfield, Illinois 62756
- Hearing Impaired license plates are multi-year and may be displayed on passenger vehicles, trucks and vans weighing 8,000 pounds or less and sport utility vehicles.
- An applicant is allowed only one set of plates.
- Not available as Vanity or Personalized
- Eligible for Benefit Access Program