Corporation Annual Report Business Services
- The annual report must be filed by an officer of the corporation who is listed in the report's section for officers.
- A maximum six officers and six directors may be entered via the web form.
- The registered agent and/or registered office cannot be changed via an electronically filed annual report. However, corporations which need to change their registered agent and/or registered office can file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office separately using a paper form (BCA 5.10/5.20) after being placed in good standing.
- An electronically transmitted annual report will be considered an original filing even if an earlier annual report submitted on paper was returned un-filed for revisions by the Secretary of State. All penalties and interest incurred as of the current date must therefore be paid along with the filing fee and franchise tax at the time of filing.
The annual report cannot be filed electronically if:
- The corporation owns property outside of Illinois and /or transacts business outside of Illinois.
- There have been changes in authorized shares, issued shares and/or paid-in capital. The annual report must be filed on paper accompanied by the appropriate document(s) changing the authorized shares, issued shares and/or paid-in capital.
- You need to enter more than six officers or six directors, you must file a paper annual report.
- Payment must be made during the electronic filing process using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express cards only.
- A $50 expedited processing fee is now assessed on these transactions
- A 2.35% payment processor fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed.
For more information, please email the Department of Business Services or call 217-782-6961.