Temporary Visitor Driver's License (TVDL) For Undocumented (Non-Visa Status) Individuals Driver Services
All TVDL facilities process TVDLs without an appointment. TVDL processing will NOT be available on Saturdays at any facility.
Downstate Secretary of State Facility Locations
- Beardstown - Non-Visa Only
- Bethalto - Non-Visa Only
- Bradley - Non-Visa Only
- Edwardsville - Non-Visa Only Only
- Granite City - Non-Visa
- Moline/Silvis - Non-Visa Only
- Morris - Non-Visa Only
- Ottawa - Non-Visa Only
- Peoria - Non-Visa Only
- Princeton - Non-Visa Only
- Rockford Central
- Springfield-Dirksen Parkway
Chicago Metro Area Secretary of State Facility Locations
- Aurora - Non-Visa Only
- Bridgeview - Non-Visa Only
- Chicago Heights - Non-Visa Only
- Chicago North
- Chicago South - Non-Visa Only
- Chicago West
- Deerfield - Non-Visa Only
- Des Plaines
- Elgin - Non-Visa Only
- Joliet - Non-Visa Only
- Lake Zurich - Non-Visa Only
- Lombard - Non-Visa Only
- Melrose Park - Non-Visa Only
- Midlothian - Non-Visa Only
- Naperville - Non-Visa Only
- Schaumburg - Non-Visa Only
- Waukegan - Non-Visa Only
- Woodstock - Non-Visa Only
To be eligible for a Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL, an applicant must:
- Present acceptable documentation to show proof of Illinois residency for the prior 12 months.
- Provide two (2) acceptable documents for proof of current residency.
- Be ineligible for a Social Security number.
- Provide acceptable documentation that proves date of birth and verification of written signature.
- Provide a valid Passport or Consular Identification Card.
- Pay the appropriate fee and successfully complete a vision screening and the appropriate written and road tests.
- A Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL may be issued only in a Class D, L, M, DL or DM, authorizing operation of a personal car, motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. A Non-Visa Status Applicant TVDL is valid for three years.
- Effective July 1, 2014 or after, a person age 18-20 must present proof of successful completion of a 6-hour adult driver education and training course.
When applying for a TVDL, you must:
- Bring proof of insurance for the vehicle you will be using for the road test.
- Be prepared to be administered a vision screening, written and road tests.
- You must bring a completed Verification of Residency form.
- Pay the appropriate fee
- Have your picture taken