Statement of Economic Interest Index
What will I need?
- Your "Important Notice" letter with your access number and your password.
- Your pertinent professional and financial information
- A working email address, preferably your work email.
How do I log in?
- Enter your access number and your password that was mailed to you.
- Confirm your email address. An email will then be sent to you for confirmation and a link to file your statement.
- Change your password.
- If you have already confirmed your email address and you have forgotten your access number and password, click Forgot your Access Number or Password? This option can only be used if the filer has previously logged in and confirmed the email address. If the email address has not been confirmed the option to click on Forgot your Access Number or Password will not work.
- If you did not receive a letter in the mail, please verify your address on file with your Ethics Officer.
- If you misplaced the letter, a second letter will be provided in April with the access number and password. The Illinois Secretary of State's office will not provide the access number and password through the electronic system, by phone or by email. If a letter can not be found, the filer will file using the paper version of the Statement of Economic Interests form. The paper form should be completed and given to their Ethics Officer for verification and submission to the Illinois Secretary of State.
What should I verify on my personal information and agency?
- Review your contact information and make sure it is accurate. If your name or address is incorrect contact your agency's ethics officer. You will still be able to go ahead and file your statement.
- Review your agency information. If the information is incorrect contact your agency's ethics officer before proceeding with the statement.
- In order to protect personally identifying and confidential information, do not include on the Statement of Economic Interests any account numbers, Social Security numbers, or other confidential information. This Statement of Economic Interests will be published on the Secretary of State’s website in a publicly searchable database. In the event that a residential address is requested, use only the name of the street to identify the property at issue.
How do I complete the statement?
Filers will have two options to complete their submission:
- Read all the questions and at the bottom of the screen, choose to verify that they have read all questions and opt to reply “N/A” to all; or
- Go through each screen and type in any response they have to each question. Attachments can be added as a PDF or JPG after the questions are completed. In order to protect personally identifying and confidential information, do not include on the Statement of Economic Interests any account numbers, Social Security numbers, or other confidential information. This Statement of Economic Interests will be published on the Secretary of State’s website in a publicly searchable database. In the event that a residential address is requested, use only the name of the street to identify the property at issue.
Will I be able to review and edit my statement?
The review screen allows you to check your answers and verify that each is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge. If you need to edit a question or attachment you will be able to do that in the review screen by choosing the edit box below each question and the attachments. Once you have reviewed and, if necessary, edited your statement check the verification box and Click "Submit" to complete your filing.
Will I receive a receipt?
The "Completed" screen will show a receipt and also allow you to view a PDF of your statement. A receipt will also be emailed to you confirming your submittal and you may also print a copy. Your ethics officer will then review your statement and you will receive an email receipt once the ethics officer has reviewed your statement.
How can I amend my Statement?
Amended statements cannot be submitted electronically. You will have to amend the Statement by completing the Statement of Economic Interests form. Follow your ethics officers mailing instructions for amended statements, they may need to review the statement prior to filing with our office. Complete all the information at the top of page 1 with your name, address and agency information. Be sure to put Amended and the year of filing your amending at the top of page 1. Answer each question. Be sure to submit your Statement with an original signature.
If I file after the deadline, how will I be notified for late fee/penalties?
If you file after the deadline of May 1, you will be sent via mail a bill for the late fee and/or penalty as appropriate.
If I have to log out, will I be able to continue where I was?
Yes, you can log back in and continue your filing.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.