Letters About Literature in Illinois Illinois Center for the Book
2021 Contest Information
The entry form and guidelines for the 2021 competition will be available in the fall of 2020. The deadline to enter will be December 15, 2020. Winners will be announced after May 2021.
- Entry Form and Guidelines Coming Soon
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Letters About Literature Supports Common Core State Standards
- Letters About Literature Supports National Language Arts and Reading Standards
- Teacher/Student Checklists
- Teaching Guide
- Secretary of State Press Release Inviting Students to Enter Coming Soon
- Level I, Grades 4-6: Lena Miller of Savoy wrote to Jewell Parker Rhodes, author of Towers Falling. Lena is a student at Campus Middle School for Girls in Urbana. Her letter was submitted by her late teacher, Elaine Giermak.
- Level II, Grades 7-8: Leyla Cohen of Champaign wrote to John Green, author of Turtles All the Way Down. Leyla attends Campus Middle School for Girls. Her letter was submitted by her teacher, Elizabeth Hogan.
- Level III, Grades 9-12: Kayla Jastrzebski of Tinley Park wrote to Ashley Herring Blake, author of Girl Made of Stars. Kayla attends Tinley Park High School. Her Letter was submitted by her teacher, Kathleen O'Connor.
- Secretary of State Press Release Announcing Illinois Winners
- Winning Letters