Grant Programs Illinois State Library
The Illinois State Library administers grants for library and literacy services, programs and initiatives. Grant programs provide access to ideas, resources and information through the efforts of Illinois’ academic libraries, public libraries, school libraries, special libraries, regional library systems, literacy agencies and partnering workplaces.
Most of the grant programs are competitive, unless announced otherwise. Each grant program has its own application processes, criteria and deadlines. The authority for awarding grants is based on State and Federal Statutes and Rules subject to annual appropriations.
The grant programs administered by the State Library are:
- Adult Literacy Grants
- Blind and Physically Handicapped / Radio Information Services
- Cataloging Maintenance Center
- Illinois History Digital Imaging Grant Program
- Illinois Veterans' Home Libraries
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
- The MARC of Quality
- Project Next Generation
- Public Library Per Capita and Equalization
- Public Library Construction Grant Programs *Includes Live and Learn Construction and Public Library Construction Act
- School District Library Grant
- Technology Grants