ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
School District Library Grant Program
The School District Library Grant Program, the first of its kind in the nation, is designed to help provide more library books and materials for the students of public schools in Illinois. The state legislature has authorized up to a $.75 per pupil expenditure for qualifying schools.
- Available to tax supported public school districts that meet the grant eligibility requirements and are members of a regional library system.
- Announced each fall, with applications due in November.
- Award notifications are made after the first of the calendar year.
- Based on funds appropriated by the General Assembly and the official enrollment as of the previous September 30th of a school district having a qualified school library.
- Used to support appropriate programs and services in accordance with 75 ILCS 10/8.4 and 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3035.120.
- Funded using state monies.
FY2014 Grant Application and Related Materials
The FY2014 School District Library Grant Program Application consists of two components: (1) Grant Application and (2) Signature Page. The deadline for submitting both components was November 22, 2013.
- Control Numbers for School Districts
- FY2013 School District Library Program Grant Awards
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Fall Enrollment Counts
For more information on the School District Library Grant Program, please call 217-524-8836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.