Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates Guide

Military - Ex-Prisoner of War License Plate

Pick-a-Plate Online!

Any U.S. citizen who was a prisoner of war while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces or with any of its allies, or a surviving spouse, may apply.

Public Act 99-0805 allows transfer of plates to spouses of military service members. "Upon the death of a military service member who has been issued plates the surviving spouse of that service member may retain the plate so long as that spouse is a resident of Illinois and transfers the registration to his or her name within 180 days of the death of the service member".


Random-Number Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates

Switching from current random-number Ex-Prisoner of War plates to vanity and/or personalized Ex-Prisoner of War plates requires a $29 replacement fee. Registration fee may vary based on current registration.

Vanity Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates
Personalized Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates

To Apply


Renewal Methods