Municipal Fire License Plates Guide
The Municipal Fire license plates are available only to vehicles of a municipal fire department or fire protection district. Vehicles displaying these plates must be owned by the fire department or fire protection district.
FeesRandom-Number Municipal Fire License Plates
- Newly acquired vehicle/first-time issuance - $158 ($150 title fee + $8 registration fee)
- Currently titled vehicle/first-time issuance - $8 ($8 registration fee)
The request can only be processed in Springfield. Apply in person or mail the proper documentation to:
Secretary of State
501 S. 2nd St.
Howlett Building, Rm. 520
Springfield, Illinois 62756
- Municipal Fire license plates are non-expiring plates.
- Not available as Vanity or Personalized
- Not eligible for Benefit Access Program