Temporary Facility Closures
COVID-19 Impact Driver Services Facilities will be closed for in person transactions from Nov. 17 until Dec. 7, 2020
- Read more on how to renew your driver's license or ID card online.
- Jesse White Announces Expired Driver's Licenses and ID Cards Extended Until June 1, 2021. CDL (Commercial Driver License) holders and commercial permit holders are excluded from this extension due to federal requirements. Press Release
- CDL facilities will remain open for CDL written and road exams.
- Jesse White is encouraging the public to take advantage of online services.
- Secretary of State Jesse White and Treasurer Michael Frerichs Announce Extension: E-Check Payment Processor Fee Now Waived Through Dec. 31, 2020 Press Release Renew your vehicle sticker
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security pushes back REAL ID deadline one year to Oct. 1, 2021. Current Illinois driver's licenses or ID cards will continue to be accepted at airports, military bases and secure federal facilities until Oct. 1, 2021. Press Release www.REALID.ilsos.gov